Keys & Crossroads: Feast of St. Peter Community Altar Service - June 29
*If you are booking more than one service, or if you're purchasing tangible items in addition to booking services, please check out with each service separately if at all possible. It really makes things go more smoothly if one service = one order number and vice versa.
Have a light fixed, blessed, dressed, and set on my altar with your petition or prayer and worked in your name or the name of a loved one, in a community altar and prayer service beginning on June 29th, the feast day of St. Peter.
St. Peter was appointed by Christ as the first pope of the church, and the keys signify his authority as its first prelate and the authority of the church to bind and loose -- basically to open and close the gates of heaven. This is essentially what gives the church the authority to administer the sacrament of reconciliation and thus forgive sins, opening the gates to heaven for the penitent.
St. Peter is an enormously popular saint who is called on for all kinds of things. He's an ally when you need a road or doorway opened (or closed!), and he's the patron of locksmiths and popes. He's called on by leaders and by anyone who needs discernment, wisdom, courage, and/or clarity of insight, especially when at a figurative crossroads.
His reputation for removing obstacles and opening roads towards your goals is legendary, and he can be an ally in nearly any situation where someone is metaphorically doing some gatekeeping and trying to keep you out. He can help you overcome to attain success, knowledge, and freedom.
Esoterically, some interpret the power of binding and loosing to put this work in the arena of the magician and sorcerer, and use the crossroads and keys symbolism to loosen strictures they want to be free of as well as to bind their enemies from taking action or doing further harm. So there are certainly associations here with protection, in a particular sense, as well as with occult wisdom and mastery and gaining access to hidden realms and sources of knowledge.
And of course this work could easily and intuitively be adapted for goals related to safe travel, having your activities and movements overlooked or ignored by enemies or authority figures, and any work related to divination.
You could also use these services to "introduce" yourself to a saint or spirit you want to begin working with on your own, as well as to thank a saint or spirit for their earlier assistance or intercession.
In some houses and temples, St. Peter is associated with the lwa Legba. I do serve Legba as a serviteur and consecrated bishop in a Franco-Haitian gnostic voodoo (vudu) lineage, and I am happy to accept bookings and petitions pertaining to Legba as well. While I am not an initiate in a house of traditional Haitian sevis and am not a mambo, I do know the difference :) , and in my ecclesiastical role, I serve fairly traditionally as much as possible given the vagaries of geography and the particulars of my own relationships with the lwa in question.
Lights will be set on Tuesday, June 29th. There is some wiggle room and you can join up after the work starts as long as you see that there are still spots left and it doesn't say "sold out."
Please note that community altar work services do not come with individual readings/reports, though I will post at least one photo of the work to the Discord "forum" for clients, which you'll receive an invitation to after you book your vigil service spot.
- Chime candle light setting - Have a fixed, dressed, blessed mini taper candle, often called a chime candle, set with your petition/intention. These lights will typically burn for about 2 hours.
- Offertory light setting - Have a fixed, dressed, blessed offertory taper light set with your petition/intention. These lights will generally burn for about 6-8 hours.
- Vigil light setting - Have a fixed, dressed, blessed vigil light set with your petition/intention. These lights will generally burn for about 5-6 days.
After you check out, fill out the intake form giving your order #, petition, the names of any people involved, and any photos you want me to use in setting your lights.
Once I've got everything set up, you'll receive an invitation to my client Discord server via email if you want to discuss the rite with other participants or me, see pictures, etc.
I reserve the right to cancel and refund any booking of this or any service at my sole discretion, per site Terms of Service. To see what my reasons might be for such a thing, see the Commonly Requested Altar Work page.
Your booking of this service indicates your understanding of the Client Agreement and acceptance of the Terms of Service. The service fee covers the materials and dedicated time and altar space needed to prepare and perform the contracted services. Once preparations for the work have begun, no adjustments or refunds can be processed.
- handling times start at five business days minimum (excludes weekends and holidays); customization generally requires 10 business days minimum
- posted handling times are estimates, not guarantees, and will vary depending on order size and amount of customization involved
- all sales are final; we do not accept returns
- we will send a notification email when we purchase your shipping label for your packaged order, so when it's ready to ship, you know as soon as we know
- we are not able to provide updates during order processing beyond this notification - the answer is always going to be "your order will ship when it is ready"
- any unusual issues affecting handling times will be announced on our website and social media channels and in the shop announcements section
- we don't send instructions for anything that doesn't say it comes with instructions