St. Joseph the Worker Candle Service & Novena - Free Options
*If you are booking more than one service, or if you're purchasing tangible items in addition to booking services, please check out with each service separately if at all possible. It really makes my life a lot easier if one service = one order number and vice versa.
Have vigil lights set and worked on my St. Joseph altar in a nine-day community altar work service beginning on Saturday, May 1st, the feast day of St. Joseph the Worker.
I will begin a nine-day novena and chaplet recitation to St. Joseph on this same day, focused on petitioning his intercession for the unemployed, the underemployed, those whose income is unreliable or unpredictable, and those struggling to find dignity in their work. Your petition/intention will be included daily in my novena and chaplet work.
You do not have to book a spot in the vigil service in order to have your name and petition included in my 9 days of novena and chaplet prayers. You can simply submit your name and petition via the intake form and in place of the service/order #, type "joseph novena prayers only." There is no cost for this option (though if you'd like to, you can make an optional donation in any amount you wish).
Lights will be set on Saturday, May 1st. There is some wiggle room and you can join up after the work starts as long as you see that there are still spots left and it doesn't say "sold out."
St. Joseph is the patron saint of fathers, foster parents, carpenters, craftsmen, travelers, immigrants, and families and workers in general. He has two feast days in the Western Catholic calendar, and this one focuses specifically on his patronage of workers.
Please note that community altar work services do not come with individual readings/reports, though I will post at least one photo of the work to the Discord "forum" for clients, which you'll receive an invitation to after you book your vigil service spot.
- Vigil light setting service - Have a fixed, dressed, blessed vigil light candle set with your petition/intention along with other community members' candles to burn for the entirety of the nine-day novena (and since commercial vigil candles these days generally burn for about five days, this service will involve two candles per petition/intention so lights are burning continuously for nine days). I need the date of birth and full name of the person who the light is being set for along with a one- or two-sentence petition or intention.
- Prayers only - If you can't book a vigil light service but want your petition/intention included in my novena and chaplet prayers, you can simply submit your name, DOB, and petition using the intake form but typing "joseph novena prayers only" in the box for the service/order #. There is zero cost for this option. You will not do anything from this listing page except click the link to the intake form, since you aren't checking out to book a service.
- Donation - If you'd like to make a donation to help offset the cost of pro bono and reduced rate services that I provide for folks experiencing income instability and career challenges during this COVID mess, you can do so here. (Offsite PayPal link)
After you check out, fill out the intake form giving your order #, petition, the names of any people involved, and any photos you want me to use in setting your lights.
Once I've got everything set up, you'll receive an invitation to my client Discord server via email if you've booked a vigil light setting.
I reserve the right to cancel and refund any booking of this or any service at my sole discretion, per site Terms of Service. To see what my reasons might be for such a thing, see the Commonly Requested Altar Work page.
Your booking of this service indicates your understanding of the Client Agreement and acceptance of the Terms of Service. The service fee covers the materials and dedicated time and altar space needed to prepare and perform the contracted services. Once preparations for the work have begun, no adjustments or refunds can be processed.
- handling times start at five business days minimum (excludes weekends and holidays); customization generally requires 10 business days minimum
- posted handling times are estimates, not guarantees, and will vary depending on order size and amount of customization involved
- all sales are final; we do not accept returns
- we will send a notification email when we purchase your shipping label for your packaged order, so when it's ready to ship, you know as soon as we know
- we are not able to provide updates during order processing beyond this notification - the answer is always going to be "your order will ship when it is ready"
- any unusual issues affecting handling times will be announced on our website and social media channels and in the shop announcements section
- we don't send instructions for anything that doesn't say it comes with instructions