St. Anthony Vigil & Chaplet Service with Custom Prayer Card - June 13-21
*If you are booking more than one service, or if you're purchasing tangible items in addition to booking services, please check out with each service separately if at all possible. It really makes things go more smoothly if one service = one order number and vice versa.
Have a vigil light fixed, blessed, dressed, decorated, and set on my St. Anthony altar with your petition or prayer and worked in your name or the name of a loved one, in a community novena and chaplet prayer service beginning on June 13th.
I will begin a nine-day novena and chaplet recitation to St. Anthony on this same day. Your petition/intention will be included daily in my novena and chaplet work and offerings of bread, water, wine, flowers, and incense. At the conclusion of the novena service, I'll finish my work on the individual holy cards I'll make for each participant's candle that I've been praying over and working for the duration of the service. These customized and "cured" holy cards will then be mailed out to the participants.
St. Anthony earned his reputation for finding lost things because he once lost his Bible (or psalter, or it was stolen, depending on which source you read), and the devil himself made the thief give it back (because Anthony lamented about it so much that the devil couldn’t stand it anymore, or because Anthony prayed, depending on which version you read).
He’s also petitioned to:
- return lost people (including lovers)
- to find someone a spouse or a soul mate
- to reconcile a couple who’s broken up
- as the patron of orphans, sick children, children in general
- as the patron of glaziers, the poor, travelers, prisoners, and pregnant women
Legend has it he’s protected petitioners against shipwreck, cured cases of epilepsy and Live Things in You (Hyatt v. 4 #6658), and reattached a severed foot.
Matter of fact, I think if you took a survey of devotees of St. Anthony, you’d likely find he gets petitioned for just about everything at least sometimes. So he’s a busy fellow, but he has a great reputation for working wonders and is a kind, sympathetic saint. This snippet from the Miraculous Responsory of St. Anthony, aka Si quaeris miracula, illustrates just how broad a fanbase he has and how much range there is in his intercessory skillset:
The sea obeys, and fetters break,
And lifeless limbs thou dost restore
Whilst treasure lost are found again,
When young and old thine aid implore.
Read lots more about St. Anthony, his life, his history, how he's petitioned in various regions even today, and how to work with him yourself in the article "Working With St. Anthony: Theories, Resources, and FAQs" at Big Lucky Hoodoo.
Lights will be set on Sunday June 13. There is some wiggle room and you can join up after the work starts as long as you see that there are still spots left and it doesn't say "sold out."
Please note that community altar work services do not come with individual readings/reports, though I will post at least one photo of the work to the Discord "forum" for clients, which you'll receive an invitation to after you book your vigil service spot.
- Vigil light setting service - Have a fixed, dressed, blessed vigil light candle set with your petition/intention along with other community members' candles to burn for the entirety of the nine-day novena (and since commercial vigil candles these days generally burn for about five days, this service will involve two candles per petition/intention so lights are burning continuously for nine days).
- I need the date of birth and full name of the person whom the light is being set for along with a one- or two-sentence petition or intention.
- If you have a specific request for your prayer card customization, please include it in the intake form you'll fill out after checkout.
After you check out, fill out the intake form giving your order #, petition, the names of any people involved, and any photos you want me to use in setting your lights.
Once I've got everything set up, you'll receive an invitation to my client Discord server via email if you've booked a vigil light setting.
I reserve the right to cancel and refund any booking of this or any service at my sole discretion, per site Terms of Service. To see what my reasons might be for such a thing, see the Commonly Requested Altar Work page.
Your booking of this service indicates your understanding of the Client Agreement and acceptance of the Terms of Service. The service fee covers the materials and dedicated time and altar space needed to prepare and perform the contracted services. Once preparations for the work have begun, no adjustments or refunds can be processed.
- handling times start at five business days minimum (excludes weekends and holidays); customization generally requires 10 business days minimum
- posted handling times are estimates, not guarantees, and will vary depending on order size and amount of customization involved
- all sales are final; we do not accept returns
- we will send a notification email when we purchase your shipping label for your packaged order, so when it's ready to ship, you know as soon as we know
- we are not able to provide updates during order processing beyond this notification - the answer is always going to be "your order will ship when it is ready"
- any unusual issues affecting handling times will be announced on our website and social media channels and in the shop announcements section
- we don't send instructions for anything that doesn't say it comes with instructions