Fourteen Holy Helpers Oil
The Fourteen Holy Helpers are saints or holy figures who were petitioned in medieval Europe during the terror of the Black Death. Also known as the "auxiliary saints," they were called on as a group for protection from a variety of illnesses and troubles that would strike both people and animals. Their popularity continues to this day.
While you will occasionally see variations in a few of the names depending on region, the "standard" 14 Holy Helpers and their particular areas of specialty are as follows:
- Agathius - headache, agonizing pain
- Barbara - fever, sudden death, fire
- Blaise - illnesses of the throat and protection for domestic animals
- Catherine of Alexandria - sudden death, diseases of tongue
- Christopher - plague, sudden death, and temptations while traveling
- Cyriacus - temptation on one's death bed, eye disease, possession
- Denis - headache, demonic possession
- Erasmus (aka St. Elmo) - intestinal and stomach troubles
- Eustace - family discord and strife, fire
- George - domestic animals, boils, lesions
- Giles - plague, for good confessions, for the maimed and beggars, epilepsy, mental illness, nightmares, panic
- Margaret of Antioch - childbirth, protection from devils, headache, backache
- Pantaleon - physicians, midwives, against cancer and TB
- Vitus (aka St. Guy)- epilepsy, lightning and storms, protection for animals and from animal bites
I released this oil years ago as part of an expanded line of blessing, uncrossing, and protection formulas, having no idea at the time that we'd one day be facing a sort of modern plague of our own. So I figured now's a good time to make another batch of this stuff.
Use it for any of the above-listed indications, or use it for assistance against more figurative and spiritual ills and problems. Many of these saints were martyrs, so they can help you focus your thoughts on strength and perseverance during times of adversity.
One of those multi-use spiritual oils that's worth keeping in the supply cupboard because one little bottle does so much.
As with all of my oils, this oil is made with respect and devotion to the saints who are called on during its creation, and each bottle is blessed and prayed over before it is sent to you.
N.B. Not a medicine and not a substitute for proper medical treatment by a qualified medical practitioner.
By using this site, you are stating that you understand and agree to our Terms of Service, including the following highlights:
handling times start at five business days minimum for all items (excludes weekends and holidays)
posted handling times are estimates, not guarantees, and will vary depending on order size and amount of customization involved
all sales are final; we do not accept returns
any refunds must be initiated by us; chargebacks are considered theft
we will send a notification email when we purchase your shipping label for your packaged order, so when it's ready to ship, you know as soon as we know
we are not able to provide updates during order processing beyond this notification
any unusual issues affecting handling times will be announced on our website and social media channels
we don't send instructions for anything that doesn't say it comes with instructions, but there's lots of info at the blog