St. George Community Candle Service - April 23rd
*If you are booking more than one service, or if you're purchasing tangible items in addition to booking services, please check out with each service separately if at all possible. It really makes my life a lot easier if one service = one order number and vice versa.
Have a glass-encased vigil light fixed, dressed, blessed, set on my altars, and burned for you in a community altar work service for St. George, the famous dragon slayer.
His feast day is April 23rd, though some ecclesiastical calendars move it around depending on where it falls in relation to Easter. Lights will be set just before midnight on April 23rd, but as this is a vigil service, there is some wiggle room and you can book late as long as you still see available slots.
Associated with military prowess and victory since at least the very early Middle Ages, St. George was at one time the most widely venerated saint in the liturgical calendar, and his name has been invoked for thousands of years by those about to ride into battle, literally or figuratively.
His prowess in battle has, in some regions, been extended in the folk tradition to his being credited with the ability to remove the evil eye, drive away evil spirits, and remove the effects of malefic spells and witchcraft.
Especially in agricultural regions, he's believed to bring luck and prosperity to his devotees, often in the form of increased crop yields, though folks who work regularly with St. George will petition him for help of all kinds, regardless of the source of their livelihood.
Please note that community altar work services do not come with individual readings/reports, though I will post at least one photo of the work to the Discord "forum," which you'll receive an invitation to after you book.
After you check out, fill out the intake form giving your order #, petition, the names of any people involved, and any photos you want me to use.
I reserve the right to cancel and refund any booking of this or any service at my sole discretion, per site Terms of Service. To see what my reasons might be for such a thing, see the Commonly Requested Altar Work page.
Your booking of this service indicates your understanding of the Client Agreement and acceptance of the Terms of Service. The service fee covers the materials and dedicated time and altar space needed to prepare and perform the contracted services. Once preparations for the work have begun, no adjustments or refunds can be processed.
- handling times start at five business days minimum (excludes weekends and holidays); customization generally requires 10 business days minimum
- posted handling times are estimates, not guarantees, and will vary depending on order size and amount of customization involved
- all sales are final; we do not accept returns
- we will send a notification email when we purchase your shipping label for your packaged order, so when it's ready to ship, you know as soon as we know
- we are not able to provide updates during order processing beyond this notification - the answer is always going to be "your order will ship when it is ready"
- any unusual issues affecting handling times will be announced on our website and social media channels and in the shop announcements section
- we don't send instructions for anything that doesn't say it comes with instructions