St. Expedite Community Candle Service - April 19, 2021
*If you are booking more than one service, or if you're purchasing tangible items in addition to booking services, please check out with each service separately if at all possible. It really makes my life a lot easier if one service = one order number and vice versa.
Have a glass-encased vigil light fixed, dressed, blessed, set on my St. Expedite altar, and burned for you in a community altar work service for this famed and beloved patron saint of fast results.
St. Expedite's feast day is April 19th, and while you can petition him any day of the year, you might be able to get a little extra bang for your buck on his feast day.
But beyond that, his feast day would be an excellent time to thank him for for previous services rendered if you already work with him but don't have the time/space to do anything very elaborate with altars or offerings. Or if you are thinking about working with him and haven't established a relationship yet, this would be a great opportunity to "introduce yourself."
In addition to being the saint one petitions for fast results and luck in a hurry, St. Expedite is also the patron saint invoked against procrastination. He's called on to help break through blockages and end delays, so his help is often sought for matters needing Road Opening and Blockbuster-type work. He's also the patron of computer programmers.
In some regions and traditions, he is also known as an ally for sending away annoying people or things in a hurry. [*]
Lights will be set the night of Monday, April 19th. There is some wiggle room and you can join up after the work starts as long as you see that there are still spots left and it doesn't say "sold out." The service fee covers the cost of your vigil candle and appropriate food, beverage, and flower offerings.
Please note that community altar work services do not come with individual readings/reports, though I will post at least one photo of the work to the Discord "forum," which you'll receive an invitation to after you book.
- Vigil light setting with offerings - a fixed, dressed, blessed vigil light candle set with your petition/intention along with other community members' candles with appropriate food, beverage, and flower offerings. Commercial vigil candles these days generally burn for about five days, though burn time can vary depending on a number of factors. You'll need to provide the date of birth and full name of the person who the light is being set for along with a one- or two-sentence petition, intention, or statement.
- Vigil light plus St. Expedite paket - With this optional addition, I will create and consecrate a St. Expedite paket during the course of the altar working and ship to you upon completion. This is a small package amulet, usually made with holy cards and/or fabric, that basically functions like a mojo bag (though it often more closely resembles a Catholic scapular and is generally closed permanently during its creation). The photos show a variety of pakets I've made over the years to give you an idea of available options. One traditional paket along the Louisiana-Mississippi-Alabama coast would be a holy card or medal of St. Expedite sewn onto a red flannel bag which is filled with appropriate herbs and curios (and then usually hung in the home rather than worn or carried). Or you may want one made very flat so it could be put inside a pillow or behind a photograph unobtrusively. A traditional amulet along these lines, esp. in Texas and westward, might be made of two holy cards sewn together to make a very flat paket. We can talk over your preferences and options when you book - I'm happy to customize these (within reason).
After you check out, fill out the intake form giving your order #, petition, the names of any people involved, and any photos you want me to use.
If you are also selecting the paket addition, provide any customization requests you have in the "Additional Info" box on the intake form. I'll be in touch with you to talk over them and/or confirm I can do what you're requesting.
[*] In fact, in some areas in the Deep South, particularly in Louisiana, you'll still see and hear of folks sending St. Expedite to take care of an enemy for them in a manner a little sterner or even darker than just a standard Hot Foot. In this type of work, we can see St. Expedite's association with Baron Samedi in some houses and temples of Vodou, as this sort of working is akin to an "expedition" upon which spirits of the dead are sent after a worker's target.
I'm telling you about the "expedition" work in the interest of education, not because that would be a suitable petition for this light setting service. You cannot have that sort of thing done by booking this service.
(He's also associated with Legba in some houses and temples, and with the Seven African Powers via Ellegua in others.)
I reserve the right to cancel and refund any booking of this or any service at my sole discretion, per site Terms of Service. To see what my reasons might be for such a thing, see the Commonly Requested Altar Work page.
That the buyer, having an informed belief in spiritual work and its traditional practices, wishes to engage the services of a rootworker to perform traditional hoodoo rootwork as part of an attempt to resolve certain life issues and herewith acknowledges that due to the nature of spiritual folk magic, Karma Zain makes no guarantees that the work will result in the desired outcome within the desired timeframe or at all.
By law, these services are available only to adults 18 and over and are provided for educational or entertainment purposes only. Karma Zain does guarantee that the work will be performed as outlined here and to the best of her ability, and that if obstacles are divined during the course of the work, she will relay them and make suggestions for appropriate remedies.
The service fee covers the materials and dedicated time and altar space needed to prepare and perform the contracted services. Once preparations for the work have begun, no adjustments or refunds can be processed.
This service is of a spiritual/metaphysical nature and is based on the ancient teachings of the aforementioned traditions. In keeping with the principles of metaphysics, all information of a spiritual nature is meant to be a guide, to assist you in making a more informed decision on matters affecting your life. No spiritual consultation, divination, or spiritual work is intended to replace the advice or services of medical, financial, legal, or mental health professionals. Karma Zain is a professional reader and rootworker as well as an ordained minister and consecrated bishop, but she is not a lawyer, a doctor, a psychologist, or a financial advisor. Any advice offered falls under spiritual/metaphysical guidance and should not be interpreted as medical, financial, legal, or mental health advice.
- handling times start at five business days minimum (excludes weekends and holidays); customization generally requires 10 business days minimum
- posted handling times are estimates, not guarantees, and will vary depending on order size and amount of customization involved
- all sales are final; we do not accept returns
- we will send a notification email when we purchase your shipping label for your packaged order, so when it's ready to ship, you know as soon as we know
- we are not able to provide updates during order processing beyond this notification - the answer is always going to be "your order will ship when it is ready"
- any unusual issues affecting handling times will be announced on our website and social media channels and in the shop announcements section
- we don't send instructions for anything that doesn't say it comes with instructions