Saints Cosmas and Damian, the Holy Unmercenaries: Service for Health/Healing - July 1
Guidelines for Service Bookings
Every service booked must have its own unique service order #.
- One petition/intention per booking.
- One booking per checkout transaction.
That means quantity of items in your cart should never be more than 1 when you're booking a service.
- Two petitions = two bookings = go through checkout twice.
- Two different services = two bookings = go through checkout twice.
- Buying tangible items + booking a service = go through checkout twice, once for the service and once for tangible items.
- If you check out with more than one service in your transaction, your order will be canceled and you'll have to rebook.
(*For more on constructing effective petitions/intentions, see this article.)
Have a vigil light fixed, blessed, dressed, and set on my altar for Saints Cosmas and Damian for petitions related to health and healing, both physical and spiritual, casting off evil, removal of crossed conditions, and protection from plague and other illness.
Cosmas and Damian were twin brothers who were practicing physicians in the 3rd century and treated their patients at no charge, hence their title of "unmercenary" or "silverless." They have different feast days within different churches and denominations, and in the Orthodox church, in fact, there are considered to be three distinct sets of saints named Cosmas and Damian. Of course they all have different bios and feast days, as well. As with most saints from the early centuries of the church, there's very little or nothing in any historical or archaeological record about their lives -- we have rather to deal with legend (and subsequent mystical revelation, in some cases).
But these brothers who were doctors, twins, and ultimately martyrs, have for centuries had the reputation for interceding for the faithful who called on them for healing, and numerous miracles have been attributed to them. They are also the patrons of twins, surgeons, and pharmacists, are widely venerated in Brazil as patrons of children in general, and in some houses and temples, are associated with the lwa the Marassa.
Lights will be set on July 1. There is some wiggle room and you can join up after the work starts as long as you see that there are still spots left and it doesn't say "sold out."
Please note that community altar work services do not come with individual readings/reports, though I will post at least one photo of the work to the Discord "forum" for clients, which you'll receive an invitation to after you book your vigil service spot.
- Taper candle light setting - Have a fixed, dressed, blessed mini taper candle, often called a chime candle, set with your petition/intention. These lights will typically burn for about 2 hours.
- Large votive light setting - Have a fixed, dressed, blessed votive light set with your petition/intention. These are large glass-encased votives that generally burn for about 2 days or ~50 hours.
- Vigil light setting - Have a fixed, dressed, blessed vigil light set with your petition/intention. These lights will generally burn for about 5-6 days.
I reserve the right to cancel and refund any booking of this or any service at my sole discretion, per site Terms of Service. To see what my reasons might be for such a thing, see the Commonly Requested Altar Work page.
That the buyer, having an informed belief in spiritual work and its traditional practices, wishes to engage the services of a rootworker to perform traditional hoodoo rootwork as part of an attempt to resolve certain life issues and herewith acknowledges that due to the nature of spiritual folk magic, Karma Zain makes no guarantees that the work will result in the desired outcome within the desired timeframe or at all.
By law, these services are available only to adults 18 and over and are provided for educational or entertainment purposes only. Karma Zain does guarantee that the work will be performed as outlined here and to the best of her ability, and that if obstacles are divined during the course of the work, she will relay them and make suggestions for appropriate remedies.
The service fee covers the materials and dedicated time and altar space needed to prepare and perform the contracted services. Once preparations for the work have begun, no adjustments or refunds can be processed.
This service is of a spiritual/metaphysical nature and is based on the ancient teachings of the aforementioned traditions. In keeping with the principles of metaphysics, all information of a spiritual nature is meant to be a guide, to assist you in making a more informed decision on matters affecting your life. No spiritual consultation, divination, or spiritual work is intended to replace the advice or services of medical, financial, legal, or mental health professionals. Karma Zain is a professional reader and rootworker as well as an ordained minister and consecrated bishop, but she is not a lawyer, a doctor, a psychologist, or a financial advisor. Any advice offered falls under spiritual/metaphysical guidance and should not be interpreted as medical, financial, legal, or mental health advice.
- handling times start at 10 business days minimum (excludes weekends and holidays); customization generally requires more
- posted handling times are estimates, not guarantees, and will vary depending on order size and amount of customization involved
- all sales are final; we do not accept returns
- we will send a notification email when we purchase your shipping label for your packaged order, so when it's ready to ship, you know as soon as we know
- we are not able to provide updates during order processing beyond this notification - the answer is always going to be "your order will ship when it is ready"
- any unusual issues affecting handling times will be announced on our website and social media channels and in the shop announcements section
- we don't send instructions for anything that doesn't say it comes with instructions, but there's lots of info at the blog